Program Coordinator, CFC Features
Canadian Film Centre 2489 Bayview Ave., Toronto, ON
Director & Executive Producer, CFC Features
November 20, 2015
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization committed to growing Canada’s screen-based entertainment industry globally by accelerating the careers, companies and projects of the brightest talent in film, television, screen acting, music and digital media.
Job Summary: The Program Coordinator is responsible for a variety of functions that fully supports the Director & Executive Producer, CFC Features in all areas of the program. The Program Coordinator assists with budgeting, the film selection process, and development, production and distribution activities. The Program Coordinator is fully responsible for all administration activities and works closely with the Director, Legal & Business Affairs and our Paralegal.
Term: 1-year contract
- With assistance from our Paralegal, oversee replies to all program inquiries and provide applicants with the status of their submission.
- Work closely with our Marketing & Communications department and assume full responsibility for delivering print material, promotional mailings and information for website postings.
- Coordinate and review the program submissions/application process, reformat documents and distribute to various selection committees.
- Coordinate the submission process, the selection process, committee meetings and interviews.
- Assist with the preparation of development and mentorship draft budgets.
- Organize project development activities as directed.
- Administer the day-to-day program needs including: drafting minutes, photocopying, booking couriers, room set-ups (coffee/meals), stocking office supplies (as needed), and other clerical duties.
- Identify contract agreement needs and provide Paralegal with accurate data to complete agreements for production, investment, development, etc. and consult with the Director, Legal & Business Affairs as directed.
- Collect and file all visual elements, presentation documents and statistical information as required by our funders.
- Work with the Paralegal and the Finance Department (external) to prepare quarterly and/ or annual reports including residuals and royalties.
- Update Program Guidelines, as directed.
- Communicate program updates to industry partners, suppliers, consultants and stakeholders.
- Monitor and distribute all relevant production documents including: budgets, cast and crew lists, call sheets, DPRs.
- Ensure that production-related activities and milestones are scheduled for all stakeholders. Activities include: assembly, rough-cut, fine cut, picture lock and mix.
- Assist in mentoring and tracking all incoming and outgoing film, legal and promotional delivery materials.
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience in at least two of the following areas: development, production and/or distribution
- A degree in Film Studies, or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize tasks and assist on all phases of production
- Superior writing skills and excellent attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong logistical/problem solving/organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Ability to work independently in an environment that has fast paced periods and varying workloads
- Knowledge of the Canadian film industry and creative talent
- Proficient with Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Final Draft, Movie Magic Budgeting, and Photoshop would be an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, November 20, 2015, and indicate “Program Coordinator, CFC Features” in the subject line of the email.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.