Post Production & Technical Coordinator
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
February 04, 2019
Manager, Post Production & Technical
January 25, 2019
January 07, 2020
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. A significant economic and cultural driver in Canada and beyond, CFC delivers a range of multi-disciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media, which provides industry collaborations, strategic partnerships, and business and marketplace opportunities for talent and participants. For more information, visit cfccreates.com.
The position of Post Production & Technical Coordinator is a contract position supporting multiple programs and productions at the CFC in an assistant editor/DMT/technical and post coordinator capacity.
This is a key position within our production and post team, as well as a significant contributor to ensuring a high level of quality and technical proficiency in post is delivered across our many programs.
- Creating and managing various project details and deliverables
- Providing post and technical support to the editor’s lab and other disciplines, as it relates to editing and post-production
- DMT services, media ingestion/transcoding, hard drive/camera card coordination, delivery and project organization
- Technical support and regular edit system maintenance, including media backup protocols and audio/visual set-ups required for workshops
- Coordinating and delivering on full post workflow through to finishing, including colour correct and mix file delivery, packaging and exports
- Facilitating the distribution of materials, specifically online file deliveries required by the different programs
- Consulting on technical upgrades and protocols for post-production process
- AVID Media Composer and Premiere CC proficiency
- Working knowledge of Davinci Resolve, Protools and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Encoder and AfterEffects
- Familiarity with various file formats, codecs and transcoding methods
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong project-planning experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for working in a team environment
- Highly adaptable with strong problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Sound editorial experience an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 26, 2018 and indicate “Post Production & Technical Coordinator” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.