Ten CFC Alumni Nominated for 2019 DGC Awards
By Cory Angeletti-Szasz ● September 13, 2019 11:15
An image from 'Firecrackers'
The DGC announced yesterday this year’s nominees for the 18th annual DGC Awards, selected from more than 300 submissions.
Congratulations to the following alumni, who are among the nominees:
ALLAN KING AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN DOCUMENTARY
- Nicholas de Pencier – Anthropocene: The Human Epoch
- Laurie Lynd – Killing Patient Zero
BEST PICTURE EDITING – FEATURE FILM
- Simone Smith – Firecrackers
OUTSTANDING DIRECTORIAL ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY SERIES
- Jordan Canning/Jeremy LaLonde – Baroness von Sketch Show, Episode 301, Is That You Karen?
- Sherry White – Little Dog, Episode 201, Round Eight
- Mars Horodyski – Mr. D, Episode 803, Breaking Slime
OUTSTANDING DIRECTORIAL ACHIEVEMENT IN FAMILY SERIES
- Gail Harvey – Northern Rescue, Episode 104, D-U-A-L-I-T-Y
OUTSTANDING DIRECTORIAL ACHIEVEMENT IN MOVIES FOR TELEVISION AND MINI-SERIES
- Gail Harvey – No One Would Tell
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN – COMEDY OR FAMILY SERIES
- Brendan Smith – Schitt's Creek, Episode 514, Life Is a Cabaret
BEST PICTURE EDITING – COMEDY OR FAMILY SERIES
- John Nicholls – Little Dog, Episode 201, Round Eight
See the full list of nominees here.
The Awards will be presented at the annual DGC Gala on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at The Fairmont Royal York in Toronto.