ALUMNI CONTINUE TO SHINE WITH NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS & TIFF SCREENINGS
By CFC Staff September 01, 2021 14:00
This August, 10 alumni projects were added to the TIFF '21 lineup, like features Wildhood, All My Puny Sorrows, Learn to Swim, and the North American debut of the highly anticipated film by Danis Goulet, Night Raiders. In addition, a new slate of alumni projects was announced, including Canadian-Swiss co-pro Invasions, starring Grace Glowicki, Witness Protection, starring Annie Murphy, and The Lake, written and executive produced by alum Julian Doucet. Read on for more of the latest news and updates on CFC alum.
Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers in Night Raiders, directed by Danis Goulet
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
TIFF Tribute Awards 2021
- Danis Goulet is the recipient of this year’s TIFF Emerging Talent Award
See the full list of 2021 TIFF Tribute Award recipients here.
September 9-18, 2021
CFC alumni are involved in 10 features, shorts and/or series in Official Selection at TIFF 2021, from Short Cuts to Galas; Discovery to Primetime. See the full list of alumni films at TIFF 2021 here.
FOR YOUR WATCHLIST
- Enjoy CFC alumni films (and more!) from the comfort of your home, with TIFF ’21 digital ticket packages
- Catch Actors Conservatory alum Kaelen Ohm, in Netflix thriller Hit & Run
- Reservation Dogs, starring Actors Conservatory alum Devery Jacobs, is available to stream on FX on Hulu
- Disney Pixar’s Luca, featuring alum Giacomo Gianniotti, is now available to stream on Disney Plus
- Beans, from Tracey Beans (director/co-writer), Meredith Vuchnich (co-writer) and Anne-Marie Gélinas (producer) and supported by CFC Features is available in theatres across Canada
Annie Murphy in Kevin Can F**k Himself
ALUMNI INDUSTRY NEWS & UPDATES
- The good news continues to roll in for CBC and HBO Max’s original series Sort Of, featuring episodes directed by Renuka Jeyapalan, writing by Jenn Engels, produced by Jennifer Kawaja and starring Supinder Wraich.
- IMDb TV picks up alum series Pretty Hard Cases, from creators/alum Tassie Cameron and Sherry White, sets new premiere date.
- Virginia Abramovich’s feature LIL, which she co-wrote, has been accepted into The Writer’s Lab - NYC.
- Netflix Has High Hopes for ‘Hit & Run,’ starring alum Kaelen Ohm.
- Season 4 of alumni series Hudson & Rex is part of Citytv's fall lineup; the series is produced by alumni company Shaftesbury, and sees Christina Jennings as an exec producer, Cal Coons as exec producer/director/writer, Sonja Bennett as a writer, and Mars Horodyski as a director on Season 4
- CFC alumni and Learn to Swim star Thomas Antony Olajide is named one of this year’s TIFF Rising Stars
- Kevin Can F**k Himself, starring Actors Conservatory alum Annie Murphy, has been renewed for Season 2 at AMC.
- Alumni feature film Wildhood, helmed by Bretten Hannam, picked up by Film Boutique
- Vancouver’s Screen Siren Pictures & Toronto’s Chapman Productions have partnered with Crave on the original doc Rock & Roll Revival, which is co-produced by alum Trish Dolman.