TELEFILM CANADA FEATURE COMEDY EXCHANGE
Application Criteria & Apply
The Telefilm Canada Feature Comedy Exchange is a high-level cross-border project and business accelerator for established producers and their feature comedy properties. This initiative builds traction for comedy projects by offering producers and their teams access to respected creative counsel as well as financing and packaging expertise from key decision-makers and comedy experts.
- Application Deadline: September 29, 2014
- Teams Announced: November 2014
- Individual Team Modules (Toronto, NY, LA): TBA November 2014 to June 2015
This exchange is a part-time, individually-tailored initiative for up to three teams and projects per year. It provides producers and teams with expert support, elevates a project’s creative and marketplace potential and builds momentum within Hollywood and the independent film communities.
- Delivers targeted one-on-one access to key comedy experts
- Advances the development and packaging of projects
- Provides tailored marketing and promotional strategies
- Brokers countless creative and business opportunities
- Helps catalyze interest and investment in projects
- Increases audience engagement and distribution potential
For any additional questions concerning the Telefilm Canada Feature Comedy Exchange, please email Jakub Jasinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN COLLABORATION WITH
Application Deadline: Monday, September 29, 2014
The CFC along with a committee comprised of key international comedy industry professionals will select 3 projects to participate in the 2014/15 Comedy Exchange. The process will be rigorously selective and focus on the creative property, its packaging potential and the creative team behind the project.
- Meet all eligibility requirements as outlined in Section 1 of the 2013-2014 Telefilm Canada Development Program Guidelines.
- Must have received portfolio funding from Telefilm for the comedy script they are submitting OR have received development funding from another source.
**Please note that the Comedy Exchange will support the participation and attendance of maximum three team members per project (producer and writer are essential). In a case where a project has multiple producers or writers as well as a director who is not the writer, the team must determine which 3 team members are to participate, keeping in mind that the Telefilm eligible producer must attend the modules.
WRITERS AND DIRECTORS MUST:
- Writers must have demonstrated experience working as a professional writer (i.e. produced screenplays or plays, published novel, have secured development funding for prior film/TV projects, etc.)
- Directors must have directed a minimum of 90 minutes of produced work that has either been theatrically distributed or broadcast and must have the experience necessary to successfully deliver a fully exploitable project.
**Please note writers and/or directors cannot apply directly**
All Participants must be:
- Canadian citizens, within the definition of the Citizenship Act, or permanent residents within the definition of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Available full time for the Toronto, NYC and LA modules as well as on an as needed basis between modules in terms of script meetings, delivering material and various marketplace consultations. Writers are expected to be turning around revisions based on expert creative feedback from the modules.
- Producers may submit as many comedy projects as they like, as long as those projects have development funding.
CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED MATERIALS:
To be considered, your application must include the following and be received by the CFC on or before 5 p.m. EST on Monday, September 29th, 2014
- The proposed comedy feature script
- Bios and CV’s/filmographies for the creative team (producer (s), writer(s), and director if applicable)
- A list of attached Cast/Key Creatives if applicable
- Producer’s Company profile
- Logline line and 1 paragraph synopsis (1/2 page max)
- Budget level/range, financing plans and brief marketplace summary including corollary films or box office comparables (1/2 page-1 page max)
- Producer’s notes i.e. brief summary of development, funding received if applicable (½ page – 1 page max)
- Writer and/or Director’s statement if applicable (1/2 – 1 page max – speaking to creative vision)
- Director’s reel is required if a director is attached (VIMEO, YOUTUBE or DROPBOX links preferred)
*Please send script as one attachment and all other materials as a second.
NOTE: Regretfully, we are unable to supply notes or feedback to projects that are not selected for the Feature Comedy Exchange