TELEFILM CANADA MICRO-BUDGET PRODUCTION PROGRAM
2017 Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program is open to all CFC alumni who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The key members of the creative team (producer, writer, and director) must have produced, directed, and/or written at least one short film (i.e. 30 minutes or less) but must not have produced, directed, or written a feature length film (i.e. 75 minutes or more).
- Applicants who wish to apply for the narrative-based web project cannot have produced, directed, or written a web series.
- The writer and director applying must be alumni of CFC, from any of our programs, labs or initiatives. A non-CFC alumni producer can apply, if they have CFC alumni committed to the project in both the writer or director roles.
Please CLICK HERE for Telefilm's Micro-budget production program overview
Please CLICK HERE for Telefilm's complete list of guidelines
CLICK HERE for Telefilm's FAQs
- CFC Application Deadline: Applications are now closed. Check back soon.
- CFC Supported Project Decision: TBC
- Supported Project's Microsite Deadline: TBC (see Telefilm guidelines document for details).
To be eligible for the 2017 Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program:
- As per Telefilm's guidelines, the project must be "fictional or documentary audiovisual projects produced in English, French, or an Aboriginal language that are either: feature length films of 75 minutes or more; or, any other type of narrative-based audiovisual content made in a format specifically designed for online audiences. These types of projects can be comprised of one or more segments which, in total, must be more than 10 minutes in length."
- All projects must be distributed on one or more digital platforms.
- Maximum budget must not be higher than $250,000.00.
If you are not a CFC alumnus/alumna and are interested in the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program, please CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the main component, CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the Indigenous component, and CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the OLMC component
For any additional questions concerning the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program, please email Alaina McGravey at email@example.com.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The CFC is committed to providing accessible practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or have any questions regarding appropriate accommodations please contact Deborah Fallows, CHRO, at:firstname.lastname@example.org.