TELEFILM CANADA MICRO-BUDGET PRODUCTION PROGRAM
The Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program is open to all CFC alumni who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The producer and director have not produced and/or directed a feature length film (75 minutes or more), but have produced and/or directed at least one short film (30 minutes or less)
- The producer applying has to be an alumnus/alumna of CFC, from any of our programs, labs or initiatives. However, a non-CFC alumni producer can apply if they have a CFC alumni committed to the project in either the writer or director roles, or even as a mentor producer or executive producer capacity (a mentor producer or executive producer must have produced at least one feature)
To be eligible for the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program, the project must be:
- A dramatic or documentary feature length film with a non-traditional distribution plan, for more than one platform and with a strong digital and online strategy
- The script must be fully developed, however a fully-realized creative concept that is not script-based will be accepted (visual storyboards, treatment for “improvised” project)
- Creatively innovative feature projects are encouraged
- The project’s maximum budget must not exceed $250,000
If you are not a CFC alumnus/alumna and are interested in the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program, please CLICK HERE for a full list of designated partners for the main component, and CLICK HERE for a full list of designated partners for the Aboriginal component.
For any additional questions concerning the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program, please email Jakub Jasinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.