Short Dramatic Film Program
The Short Dramatic Film Program (SDF) launches exciting, original voices and concepts into the international marketplace. You will produce high-quality short films that inspire confidence in your ability to deliver engaging stories and showcase content that could be further commercialized as feature films, web or television series.
- Program Dates: January to May
This program is only open to directors upon completion of the Cineplex Entertainment Film Program Directors' Lab.
We require applicants to have a feature project in development with the CFC, a narrative short film concept, an articulated creative vision, look book and proposed creative team.
This is a five-month advanced filmmaking initiative for directors and creative teams consisting of writers, producers, editors, composer and songwriters. We offer a 360-degree concept-to-market experience.
The connection between a larger story and vision, and the ability of a creative team to encapsulate and engage an audience with a short film, provides an extremely effective sales and packaging tool for your future properties.
- Articulating and realizing creative vision
- Elevating team and resource management skills
- Developing marketing and audience engagement strategies
- Accelerating production and delivering content
- Offers customized mentorship and access to accomplished international advisors
- Establishes strong professional relationships with the Canadian production and post-production community
- Exercises your team’s creative and business leadership skills
- Empowers filmmakers to embrace the economy of cinematic storytelling
- Generates significant traction for filmmakers and future projects
The CFC would like to acknowledge the co-operation of the Toronto Performers Branch of the ACTRA Performers Guild.
Original music supported through the CFC/Slaight Family Music Fund